Doklam, that led to a 73-day military standoff between India and China, had been resolved through diplomatic maturity and that status quo has not altered by even a speck (’til’ or sesame seed) since then, foreign minister
Sushma Swaraj told the Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
Amid demands from the opposition that Prime Minister Narendra Modi inform the House about the deliberations at Wuhan with Chinese leader Xi Jinping, Swaraj said she was “fully competent” to respond to questions as she was well aware of the discussions and outcomes.
Trinamool leader Saugata Bose said that while the opposition had shown solidarity over the Doklam issue, the Parliament “deserves to be taken into confidence as to whether or not our prime minister raised the Doklam issue.”
In her reply, Swaraj said the main objective at Wuhan was to ensure mutual trust.
“We have resolved the Doklam issue with diplomatic maturity without losing any ground. There is no change in the status quo (on the ground). There is not an iota of change (Ek til ka bhi antar nahin). The face off at sight has been resolved on August 28, 2017,” she said.